At Brenbeal we offer both an Integrated and Sessional Kindergarten program led by highly experienced and trained Kindergarten teachers and educators. We believe strongly in an enriching Play-based curriculum. Children at this age learn through play; and as such we provide both structured learning activities as well as encouraging the children to choose their own activities, make decisions for themselves, follow their interests, explore and interact with others. Most activities are open-ended and flexible, so children can learn as they build and create. Our aim is for children to be confident and skilled in directing their own learning, making friends and asking for help from adults when they need it.
As an integrated program, the teacher-led kindergarten program is integrated with additional hours of education and care whilst the sessional kindergarten program runs on certain days and at specific times and does not support additional care requirements.
|Integrated Kindergarten||Sessional Kindergarten|
|Fees||$125 per day||$560 per term|
|Days available||Up to 5||Group A: Monday and Thursday
Group B: Tuesday and Friday
|Hours||7.30am – 6.30pm||8.30am to 4pm|
|Flexible pick up/ drop-off times||Yes||No|
|Care during term holidays||Yes||No**|
|Degree-qualified kindergarten teacher||Yes||Yes|
|Focus on school readiness (social skills, independence and confidence)||Yes||Yes|
Throughout the year, we aim to support and help your child develop the skills they will need to thrive at school. Some of our priorities for the year are:
- Learning to cope with being away from home and family. Once children trust their educators, they will thrive.
- Independence in managing clothing and belongings, seeking help when needed, playing with other children, asserting themselves and resolving disputes.
- Learning to be part of a large group, respecting other children and following routines and rules.
- Social skills like sharing, waiting and taking turns
- Concentration and persistence so children can focus on and complete activities
- Problem-solving and thinking for themselves, rather than always following adult ideas.
If you would like to learn more about our Kindergarten program, please contact us by telephone or email and importantly you must register with the City of Maribyrnong to ensure you are on our waiting list.